Wednesday 15 July 2015

My Personal Brand

This week's first task was to update my LinkedIn profile.  At first I thought that this would only take me a few minutes as I already had a profile with various areas filled in.  However, after looking at the tips provided by the Rudai23 blog as to what a good professional profile should look like, I realised that I had a lot of work to do.

I tried to fit in as much as my experience as possible but felt as though I still had a lot more to say.  I suppose the character limits are there in order to prevent waffle, but I still found it limiting.  Nevertheless, adding skills to the profile can also showcase capabilities.

I can see how LinkedIn is important in terms of making connections, building a personal brand and creating an online presence.  I think it definitely resonates in terms of potential career opportunities.

1 comment:

  1. I like that LinkedIn is very dynamic and that you can update it far easier than something like a CV. It's a great way to showcase the smaller things like attending conferences which may be important but go unsaid on a static CV. I wish they'd update the mobile app, though. It can be a frustrating experience at times.

    The Rudai23 Team

    ReplyDelete